News Flash

We are currently looking for a number of members to join us, please click here to find out the available positions and e-mail:-tizerwells88@gmail.com for more details.

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Musical Director's Report On The Welsh Area Contest Held In Swansea On Sunday 18th March 2012

It is my privilege to give my thoughts on our recent contest which was held in Swansea. I was very disappointed the placing of 7th but very pleased with our performance. There was nothing on our adjudication to tell us why we finished where we finished. Our adjudication was one of a very high standard and all our sections were praised throughout the test piece and our principal corner player along with our soprano player had lots of praise. It seems to me that the adjudicator had difficulty in selecting his findings within the test piece and I am not sure exactly what he was looking for. It would be good in the future for the Welsh area contest to fall in line with other area's by having two adjudicators in the box. This way all bands would benefit from this. Finally my thanks to all my players for their performance on stage and also to Mr Nigel Seaman for his input that he gave is during his presence in rehearsal. Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment